Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Time

We have reached the beginning of a new calendar year again. Time seems to fly by. In recent months I have thought about how on this earth we are confined to 3-dimensional space and time, and how God is not limited to time or space. He is eternal and can see the past, present, and future all at the same time. When I was a kid, I would get myself worked into a vicious circle trying to understand infinity. Now, I don't even try, but it is helpful for me to not even think about eternity in terms of time as we know it on this earth. Similar to the fact that God is omnipresent and not confined to space, He lives outside of time. Heaven will be pretty cool without the constraints of this earth (gravity, time, etc.).

We have all been allotted an unknown finite amount of time on this earth. What are you doing with yours?

No comments: