Sunday, July 8, 2007

Word of Testimony

"And they overcame him [the accuser] by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..." (Rev 12:11).

I read a small paperback this week that was a compilation of several real life stories of various people in one congregation. The stories were a concise recounting of individuals who had endured much pain. However, these were not downer stories, they were faith-building stories. Each one was unique, but had the same thread--God reached down in the most difficult of circumstances and touched a life in a profound way. These people will never be the same again.

As I was reading this book, the verse quoted above kept going through my mind. We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony. Sometimes I think that my testimony is not so dramatic or interesting, but as I think about it, there are so many things that the Lord has done in my life that have had a very profound effect on me. May we never forget that we (who have been born again) have a testimony to share, which is a very powerful thing.

2 comments:

Nora Bergman said...

Let me add my amen, Eno. It's easy to think we have nothing to share, but we each have a unique and powerful witness of the Lord's work in our own lives. Good book, eh:)!

eno said...

Thanks for letting me read the book Nora. It was definitely a good read!